The United International Business Schools organization (UIBS) is proud to announce its acceptance for participation in the Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative (PRME), backed by the United Nations Organization.
By adopting the 6 Principles set by the initiative, our organization pledges to engage in a continuous process of improvement with regards to the application of the Principles, to share information on progress, and to contribute to the learning experience of participating academic institutions worldwide. More specifically, the 6 Principles serve as a framework of continuous engagement:
- Principle 1 – Purpose: To develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy;
- Principle 2 – Values: To incorporate into your academic activities and curricula the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the UN Global Compact;
- Principle 3 – Method: To create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership;
- Principle 4 – Research: To engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances the understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economical value;
- Principle 5 – Partnership: To interact with managers of business corporations to extend the knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges; and
- Principle 6 – Dialogue: To facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
The PRME were developed in 2007 by an international task force of business school deans, university presidents and representatives of various educational organizations, following an idea introduced by the United Nations Global Compact of developing a principle-based global engagement platform for academic institutions worldwide. The United Nations Global Compact is a strategic policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
Further information about the initiative and its principles is available online.
- Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative
- United Nations Global Compact
- United International Business Schools